Florence Art Galleries: General Gallery Information - Florence, Italy IT
Florence is full of interesting art galleries and outstanding art museums (museo), many of which contain some breathtaking and often famous works of art, including stunning masterpieces and portraits which have been painted by some of the leading artists in Florence and Italy.
Many of Florence's art galleries have free or inexpensive admission, combined with long opening hours, and with such an enormous range of paintings, sculptures and works of art on display at the galleries, including both classical and modern art work, a visit to the larger art galleries in Florence can often last several hours. A number of Florence's art galleries and art museums also contain café areas, art shops with prints and postcards, and attractive landscaped sculpture gardens.
Florence Art Galleries: Locations and Venues - Florence, Italy IT
Florence is steeped in history and many of the major art galleries and art museums in Florence are housed in extremely historic buildings, which are often important tourist attractions in their own right. The main art galleries in Florence include the following locations and venues:
- Centro per l'Arte Contemporanea Luigi Pecci (Luigi Pecci Centre of Contemporary Art)
- Gabinetto Disegni e Stampe (Department of Prints and Drawings)
- Galleria degli Uffizi (Uffizi Gallery)
- Galleria dell' Accademia (Academy Gallery)
- Grande Museo dell'Opera del Duomo (Cathedral Museum)
- Il Bisonte è Aperto (Il Bisonte Graphic Art Gallery)
- Istituto degli Innocenti Art Gallery
- Museo Alberto della Ragione (Alberto della Ragione Museum)
- Museo dell'Opificio delle Pietre Dure
- Museo Marino Marini
- Museo Storico Topografico 'Firenze com'era'
Book your Florence Car Rental here - excellent rates available, up to 65% discount.
Florence (FLR) Airport